Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Things that fill Wednesday

Phase one of the new land sale process is complete with five happy new land owners. They will be happier yet if we get a retroactive price break into the CDS program, but even if not, these are all good moves. There are still some great parcels available that haven't been on the market for a long time, and we'll be setting them to "yellow map" much to my chagrin, this week. I don't like yellow map sales in a community because all that sells is land. It overlooks the chance to connect with people, find the things you have in common, introduce them to others who are like minded.

Last night at the Winters Kanto concert, I spoke to a very nice gentleman who was quietly listening to the music and sitting off to the side, not dancing. He said he didn't think anyone else even knew he was there. The more we talked, as happens with many people I meet, the more I found to like about him. And of course, I kept thinking, oh he should meet so and so, or I bet he'd like x... already plugging him into the community in my mind. It isn't that I think CDS is so perfect, or even for everyone. It's just that I know it is perfect for some people, even if they haven't figured that out yet. And I sometimes just want to fix it!

No, I didn't try to sell the poor fellow land, though I know just the right parcel for him... I'll give him a chance to discover for himself. He is in our group now, and he's smart. He'll find his way.

Today I'm going over to Beta Business Park to hear my friend Gwyneth Llewellyn debut in voice! She's talking about e commerce in virtual worlds. Then later Metanomics has some experts in behavioral science speaking about the potential of counseling in Second life. Both of these ideas make my mind tickle with curiosity. And that is really why I spend so much time in Second Life. I'm truly not all that ticklish!

No comments:

Post a Comment