Monday, October 19, 2009

Burning words...

Last year we did a fun build for CDS at Burning Life, because it was right in the middle of our Oktoberfest. We had a pg parcel and made "Oktoburnfest" complete with fancy graphics scripts and colored prisms with prizes hidden inside, a ferris wheel, carousel and special magic courtesy of Jamie Palisades. This year we got major frowns from BL at anything that appeared at all commercial... no logos, no landmarks,etc., so I decided to play with something on my own.

Now everyone knows I'm no builder, though I understand and can use most of the SL tools. I know many people are in Second Life for that creative aspect, and to them I cheer heartily. I just don't have the patience for the detail that is necessary to separate quality from thrown together.

But I do have an ease with words, and I love meeting and chatting with new people... sooo... I created a "magnetic poetry" type build. About 150 movable word tiles, spread across a black canvas out on the Playa... which I hope passersby will stop and form into poetry. When I go there and find them, it's like Christmas morning. I copy them over into my photoshp file and have the ones I've found so far framed and surrounding the canvas. The really fun part is that no one is leaving names.. no credit asked for. Sort of like Graffiti art i guess! http://slurl.com/secondlife/Burning%20Life-HIgh%20Rock/92/159/25

Anyway, stop by if you get a chance, leave me your own special combinations, or just enjoy what others have written. There is a circle around the campfire, and I'll be there from time to time, hoping to meet others who just enjoy the creative aura that is Burning Life.

Oh yes, i'm doing an Art Pathfinders tour too, and serving as a greeter, and well, :: blushes:: I even made a porta potty! I really like working WITH people and being a part of a project/team... lately my time in CDS has all been solitary. It makes me boring and depressed, and that's just not my nature. So ... come and light fires with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment