Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mind boggled....

There are so many things going on in CDS right now it is hard to keep up. Add a holiday, rl obligations, and work crises, and the chaos gets just juicy enough to keep me up even more hours!

The Land sale in CDS is what has most of my attention right now. Last month, CDS Chancellor Jamie Palisades changed my position from Public Information Officer to Deputy Chancellor with specific responsibility for citizen & land development. I don't care much about titles, but I am one of those people that needs new things to think about on a regular basis. I also love meeting new people in SL and helping them find their way. And okay,I'm a confessed land slut. I can't own it all, so it makes me happy to be able to help others experience the smug satisfaction of rezzing on ones own land. I know it should make no sense to feel this way about prims and particles, but there you go.

What is making the process crazy is mostly tradition. CDS has adhered to its original pricing structure, even as the walls of the SL tower of land have begun to crumble. The occasional sale of inventory land to someone new supports the notion that our land is just worth more... but the result of this thinking is the current backlog of inventory of about 25 parcels of land. To move that land into the hands of people who will do something with it and join our community, we are suggesting that our prices be discarded and that the land sell for 0 lindens.

It is Halloween week. I"m just hoping the land ideas don't result in this for poor rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment