Saturday, May 29, 2010

As the Term Turns...

It really was the beginning of the 12th RA when I last posted in this blog, and now it is the beginning of the 13th. It has been an interesting term for me, one filled with surprises, mostly bad ones. But I'm not interested in dwelling on the past. I'm looking forward ... and there is a lot of reason for excitement.

This election was the first one in CDS without the necessity of factions to run for office. I've long been opposed to factionalism, especially in a community as small as ours, and that is the primary reason i've never run for elected office. That and the knowledge that I will do what i can regardless of title. But this last term made me change my mind. Too much was thrown out as fact without proper investigation. Too many people were cast out as "autocrats" "totalitarians" or worse, by people who seem to think they have the right to label others, primarily for their own aggrandizement. So i ran for office, one of 13 elected from a field of 15.

Now I'm trying to be elected leader of the RA. In prior, faction oriented terms, i'd have automatically been given the job based on the number of votes. But because we did away with factions, we also did away with the spoils of that system, and I'm fine with that. I think i have something to bring to the position though, so will continue to campaign for the position.

I'll write here more as the term goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment